Tuesday, March 22, 2011

3/22/2011 - the motto. . .

I made one singular decision this morning that I think has already alleviated much of the pressure I've been feeling.  It's revolutionary.  Are you ready?

I am going to take the rest of the week off from the gym.

I could have either made this decision or have the decision make itself because truthfully, there are only two ways that mornings this week could go:
  1. I set my alarm for 5:30 AM, and when it goes off, I snooze it a few times before ultimately deciding to skip the gym.  I get up at 7:15.
  2. I get up at 7:15.
As much as I've enjoyed this consistent and quality run of gym-going I've experienced for the last three months, with the dog, a cappella rehearsals, crazy busyness at work, and the aforementioned lack of sleep, something had to give.  Seems reasonable that the gym be the first. 

Going with option number two also eliminates any guilt I will inevitably feel when I try and fail at getting to the gym.  This way, if I never plan for it, I will never fail.  That is the motto for the week.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment