Tuesday, July 26, 2011

7/26/2011 - in comes my way out. . .

I think I'm about to trade in this blog for a different creative endeavor.  I'm not sure if it's been apparent, though it certainly has been to me, but I have not been able to give this blog my fullest attention, nor have I wanted to.  I've wanted to take a break, or just quit altogether, but I didn't know how to do so without guilt.

Then in comes my way out--music arrangement.  I somehow got the idea in my head that if I put my mind to it, I can arrange a song for my a cappella group.  Not even so much that I want them to sing it (though that would be ideal), but to prove to myself that I can.  I have listened to pop a cappella music for years, and now I've sung in a group for a few months.  I have a fledgling understanding of music theory, just enough, I hope, to get by, but most importantly, above all else, I have found myself with this hunger to do this.  Where this hunger came from, I do not know, but with every day that passes, I become more convinced that I want to do this.  I have to.

Soon, but not sure when yet, I will take a hiatus from writing.  I don't feel as bad about it as I would if, say, I just blew this off to play God of War III, my new favorite Playstation game, after work.  Best case scenario--I come back after a couple of weeks with a piece of beautifully arranged music and a renewed fervor to write. 

Worst--I come back after a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment