Friday, July 15, 2011

7/15/2011 - my first performance. . .

I took a couple of hours off from work this afternoon in order to come home and run through some music for my first performance with Rapid Transit A Cappella tomorrow night in Oakland. 

I had a dream a few nights ago where I had procrastinated in buying the black shirt I would need in order to complete my Rapid Transit concert ensemble, and I raided my closet, my dad's closet, even my grandfather's, in search of a suitable shirt.  One was a dark blue, one had glittery stripes on it, and another I could barely fit my head through.  All the while, I began panicking because I had intended to spend the hours leading up to the concert by rehearsing through the line-up of songs, and with each shirt discarded for whatever reason, I watched my opportunity to do so dissolve.

But now, with a quick run to Ross for a black shirt that suitably fits the dress code and an hour or so of practice at home, I think I am about as ready as I hope to be.  Over dinner, I told Sam that I was immeasurably nervous.  He, in his own tangential way, tried to offer solace and replied, "But this is your first concert where you're actually singing in the group, not just sitting in the audience.  I can't wait!"

After how many years, now, have I watched a cappella groups perform and wished I was up there with them?  10?  I can't wait, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment