Monday, May 9, 2011

5/9/2011 - my rough morning. . .

So the other day, I wrote here that I didn't want to spend time on this blog writing about the simple things I am grateful for (and sometimes subsequently take for granted), and I specifically called out my health as an example of the kind of topics I would like to avoid.  Well, as it turns out, my health is an avid reader of this blog because it woke me up at 4:00 this morning with a wrenching pain in my gut, the kind that begs for attention and a sense of urgency.  Snub me, will you?

And after a harrowing 15 minutes in the bathroom (the details of which I will spare you), I crawled back into bed and dozed in and out, tired but unable to sleep, curled in a fetal position while Grr came over and played the role of the "little spoon."  He was probably heaving a sigh of relief, for once not having to shoulder the blame for my rough morning.

And now, 12 hours, seven trips to the bathroom (three of which occurred in the middle of a single meeting), and half a humble cup of chicken soup later, my stomach is just beginning to stabilize.  Probably helps that it sits emptier right now than it has for a long time.

So I would like to take this moment and rectify an egregious mistake: let the record show that I have learned my lesson, am indeed grateful for my health, for comfort, and for feeling like I can hold down (or in, as the case may be, which is just lovely) the next thing I choose to eat.

3 comments:

  1. *snort snort* He said *rect*ify in a bathroom post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear, I didn't even mean to. Guess I'm more clever than I thought. . . =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I wasn't feeling too well either on Monday!! Weird...and yea it went away in the afternoon too -Diana

    ReplyDelete