Friday, May 20, 2011

5/20/2011 - sun in the morning. . .

In 24 little hours, Sam and I should be approaching our weekend destination--sunny, arid Palm Springs.  The eight-hour drive seemed more palatable after we tacked on an extra day, and I loaded up my iPod with what I hope to be an equally palatable combination of showtunes and electronica, a cappella and pop.

The plan for the weekend consists of nothing more than playing in the pool, a few rounds of tennis (something we rarely do at home, but now seems irresistible on vacation, kind of like how I [shamefully] feel about flossing), and getting enough sun so I might just stand a chance at starting one summer of my life with a healthy-looking tan. 

But what about the blog, you ask?  Well, I'm actually not sure.  I am bringing my laptop with vague intentions to keep up my pace, though probably with shorter and less-polished entries (assuming my normal, day-to-day entries are well-polished, anyway).  Throughout this past week, I thought to prepare enough posts to last me through the weekend without having to write any new ones while on vacation, but it never happened.  As soon as I finished each day's entry, I couldn't help but bask in the glow of accomplishment, and I certainly did not want to ruin that by turning around and embarking on another day's post.

So I start the weekend with no safety net.  (Of course, it doesn't really matter since the world is coming to an end tomorrow anyway, which sucks given said vacation.)  At worst, my blog will sit empty for a few days, or maybe head in a more pictorial direction, but I do hope to check in every day with something.  Just know that if I don't, I am off being grateful for the time I have to enjoy the (80 degree) sun in the morning and the moon at night.

(Ever since I took that quote from Annie Get Your Gun off of my profile description, I've been wanting to work it back in somewhere as it couldn't fall more in line with the spirit of this blog.  And now, here it is.)

1 comment:

  1. I hope you enjoy your trip. I myself have never been to Palm Springs but I hear it's nice.

    ReplyDelete