Tuesday, May 3, 2011

5/3/2011 - good to be home. . .

For the past couple of days, Grr acted like that kid who went off camping, stayed up late, and had immeasurable amounts of fun with a seemingly endless supply of energy.  And just like that kid, he came home this morning after two days of constant companionship (of both the human and canine variety) and promptly fell asleep:


Not that I blame him.  My mom said he barely napped at all yesterday; how could he, between investigating every little noise in the house, wrestling with Elliot, and hamming it up for my aunt who made an impromptu visit after hearing that Grr was in town? 

And after two nights of nothing but canine companionship, which basically means heavily interrupted sleep and particularly early mornings, I am looking forward to falling asleep myself.

My parents took great care of the two of us during our stay, and Sam, too, while he was there; I would go as far as to say that Grr had the time of his little life.  But with my own bed waiting for me, a partner who will tend to Grr's nighttime needs, and the knowledge that vacations are again a possibility for us after securing two loving and willing doggysitters whom Grr loves to be around, it is good to be home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment